The 2-month long summer vacation for school students is a perfect opportunity for kids to participate in recreational activities, sports, pursue their interests and hobbies, develop new skills, attend summer learning programs, etc.
The summer vacation break is the time children look forward to for almost a year to relax and spend time playing and celebrating the end of another school academic year without worrying about homework, exams, and studies.
Lately, kids are fixated on computers, television screens, mobile phones, and smart devices instead of spending the holidays productively. While the gadgets introduce kids to technology, they also tend to take away the resourceful time off the children’s hands. The time spent watching TV can be effectively utilized participating in outdoor games, afterschool programs, traveling, camping, and many other extra-curricular activities which enhance creativity, focus, confidence, leadership skills, and various other abilities.
Listed below are some of the ideas for things to do during school summer vacation…
Attend Summer Camps
- Summer Camps are a good place to enhance social interaction
- Spend time in nature
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Encourage diversity
Plan Family Trips
- Family trips are the perfect opportunity to bond with kids
- Spend time with fellow loved ones
- Travel to a new place and learn a new culture
Join Sport Clubs
Playing Sports such as Swimming, Soccer, Cricket, Basketball, Hockey, etc., enhances stamina and confidence
Increases focus and willpower
Encourage teamwork and supportiveness in children
Motivates healthy living and lifestyle
Participate in Creative and Performing Arts
- Creative Visual Arts: Drawing, Sculpting, Painting, Filmmaking, Photography, etc.
- Performing Arts: Singing, Acting, Dancing, Music, etc.
- Literature Arts: Plays, Poetry, Drama, Theatre, etc.
- Participating in recreational art activities increase confidence and enhances creative, artistic and social skills
Plan for Upcoming academic year
- Planning for the upcoming academic year cuts down the efforts which need to be put-in to organize the forthcoming year
- Provides better insight into next academic year
Read New Novels/ Books
- Reading books increases vocabulary and knowledge
- Improves focus and concentration
- Enhances Imagination and Creativity
- Improves Thinking and Memory Power
Join Academic Clubs
- Joining academic clubs such as Mathematics and Science Groups boosts knowledge
- Encourages to experiment with science
- Enhances thinking capacity