Creating a sense of general and social awareness in children must begin at an early age; whether it is done via general knowledge questions & answers 2021 or through regular teaching and learning method - regardless of the mode of impartation, GK for kids is very necessary in this vast, capricious world.
Not only does GK help in creating social awareness, possessing knowledge of social and general aspects helps children with their mental development, civil abilities, and civic senses. Not to mention, GK's role in the holistic development of children.
Summing up all the general knowledge questions and answers is impossible, thus, we have narrowed down to a few crucial and common ones suitable for primary and secondary class students and listed them below. It covers multiple areas and a wide range of divisions - from science to history, from the constitution to civics. Additionally, we went a step ahead and provided answers to the questions as well.
These GK questions for class 1 to 8 with answers provide instructive information on various subjects making kids intellectuals whilst empowering them with the capacity to speak up when the situations demand.
GK Questions & Answers for Kids 2021
1. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert?’
2. What do you call the person who brings a letter to your home from post office?
3. What colour symbolises peace?
4. Which is the largest fish in the world ?
Ans: Whale shark
5. Which is the biggest continent in the world ?
6. How do you relate to your maternal grandfather?
Ans: Mother’s father
7. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
8. How many layers are there in Earth’s atmosphere
9. In which direction does the sun rise?
10. How many days are there in a year?
Ans: 365 days
11. A figure with 8 sides is called?
12. Which is the longest river in the world ?
Ans: Nile (Egypt )
13. What is a baby frog called?
14. Agra is situated on the bank of river?
15. Which is the largest plateau in the world ?
Ans: Tibetan Plateau
16. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert?’
17. Which planet is nearest to Earth?
18. Which is largest freshwater lake in the world?
Ans: Lake Superior
19. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Ans: Mount Everest
20. How many days are there in a Leap year?
21. Which is the World longest River?
22. What makes up (approx.) 80% of our brain’s volume?
23. Who is the inventor of Radio?
24. who is the writer of "malgudi days"?
Ans: R. K. Narayan
25. What type of whale is the biggest animal in the world?
Ans: Blue Whale
26. Which insect has colourful wings?
27. Australia lies between which two oceans?
Ans: The Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean
28. Which first electrical item did Thomas Edison invent?
29. Which is the biggest sea animal?
30. Which is the hardest substance available on earth?
31. How many straight edges does a cube have?
32. Which bird can not fly?
33. What is the national game of USA?
34. What is the hottest continent on Earth?
35. Who is the Father of our Nation?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi
36. Tsunami is a word in which language?
37. What type of tree do dates grow on?
38. Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
39. Which is the largest country in the world based on the area?
40. How many planets are there in our solar system?
41. Which animal has hump on its back?
42. Which is the tallest waterfall in the world ?
Ans: Angel Falls
43. Which continent is known as Dark continent?
44. In which festival we play with colours?
45. Who is the inventor of Television?
Ans: John Logie Baird
46. Who wrote the National Anthem – Jana Gana Mana?
Ans: Rabindra Nath Tagore
47. Who invented Computer?
Ans: Charles Babbage
48. Which is the smallest bird ?
Ans: Humming Bird
49. How many colours are there in India’s National Flag?
50. Which organ purify our blood?
GK Questions for Class I
1. How many days are there in a year?
Ans: 365 days
2. How many hours are there in a day?
Ans: 12 hours
3. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
4. Which festival is also known as “Festival of Lights”?
Ans: Diwali / Deepavali
5. Who is Sachin Tendulkar?
Ans: A Cricketer
6. Which day comes after Friday?
7. What is the shape of a cricket ball?
8. How many months do we have in a year?
Ans: 12 months
8. How many zeros are there in a two-thousand rupee note?
Ans: 3 (Three)
10. Which planet is closest to the sun?
GK Questions for Class II
1. The national currency of the United States of America (USA) is
2. Which is the nearest star?
3. The largest part of our hydrosphere is
Ans: Pacific ocean
4. What is the sound made by a donkey?
5. Which is bigger a lake or an ocean?
Ans: An Ocean
6. Which the fastest vehicle
7. Which is the fastest land animal in the world?
8. Which is the largest flower in the world
9. What is the sound made by a horse?
10. How many legs does a spider have?
GK Questions for Class III
1. How many oceans are there in the world?
2. Paris is the capital of which country?
3. Which food items is rich in iron ?
4. What is the most spoken language in the world?
Ans: Mandarin or Chinese
5. December 14 is celebrated as
Ans: World Energy Day
6. Rearing of hens, ducks and geese for their eggs and meat is called?
Ans: Poultry farming
7. What is the filament in a light bulb made of
8. Which mineral elements is required for muscle contraction?
9. World Environment Day is celebrated on
Ans: 5th June.
10. Who is known as Father of Telephone
Ans: Alexander Graham Bell
GK Questions for Class IV
1. Which is the tallest building in the world?
Ans: Burj Khalifa, Dubai
2. How many players are there in Baseball?
Ans: 9 players
3. What is the full form of NEWS?
Ans: North East West South
4. Which country is known as the Land of The Rising Sun?
5. What is the national sport of England?
6. Name the gas found in the most abundance in our planet’s atmosphere?
7. What is the original name of Bill Gates?
Ans: William Henry Gates III
8. Which is the largest animal on land?
Ans: African Elephant
9. Who invented the diesel engine?
Ans: Rudolf Diesel
10. How many bones are there in a human body?
GK Questions for Class V
1. Conversion of Solid directly into Vapour is called
2. Which is the largest bone in human body?
Ans: Femur (thighbone)
3. Who discovered trigonometry?
4. Which gas commonly known as laughing gas?
Ans: Nitrous oxide
5. What does a plant take in from the air?
Ans: Carbon Dioxide
6. Which acid is there in lemon?
Ans: Citric acid
7. What is Study of the Universe is known
8. Entomology is the science that studies?
9. What is national game of Scotland?
10. Water in plants is trans-ported by
GK Questions for Indian Kids
1. The largest river in India?
2. Which place is known as tea garden of India
3. Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
Ans: Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India.
4. Who is known as the Iron Man Of India
Ans: Sardar Vallabhai Patel
5. which is the largest state of India?
6. Which of the state has the longest coastal line?
7. Name the first female Indian Astronaut
Ans: Kalpana Chawla
8. Which Indian woman was the first to win the Nobel Prize?
Ans: Mother Teresa
9. Which tree is known as national tree of India
Ans: Banyan Tree
10. Which city is known as Pink City